Yoga at Om West
Om West is the West Island's longest running yoga studio as well as a certified yoga teacher training school. We are dedicated to offering the practice, wisdom, and lifestyle of yoga in its complete form to the benefit of all West Island residents. Om West owners Antoine and Pamela have been mastering yoga for over 20 years under the guidance of several renowned masters, and are fully available and dedicated to guiding students on their yoga journey.
Om West takes pride in hiring only the most qualified teachers in the West Island. Our team of 25+ teachers are certified, experienced and specialized in many different styles of yoga from more spiritual and meditative classes to vigorous and dynamic workouts.
New to Yoga? Join our series of four 6-week courses to learn yoga safely and progressively with other beginners like you. Courses start year round.
YOGA-1: Introduction to Yoga
YOGA-2: Fine-tune your practice
YOGA-3: Learning to flow
YOGA-4: Deepening your practice
Gather. Practice. Grow. Om West offers daily drop-in classes. No reservation is required, simply show up and enjoy a great class offered in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, in a variety of different styles.
Classes on our printable schedule marked in green are for everyone while classes in marked in red dot are more challenging and some level of experience is recommended. Om West offers different options from pay as you go, to class passes, to unlimited memberships.
Our policies were designed with you in mind:
1. No Missed Classes. Our drop-in classes allow you to come anytime.
2. No Expiry Dates. Our passes are good for life.
3. No Binding Contracts. Our memberships can be cancelled any time.
- Hatha Yoga: Traditional yoga
- Gentle Yoga: Yoga less the more vigorous postures
- Flow Yoga (Vinyasa): Dynamic fluid sequences of postures
- Power Yoga: Flow yoga with emphasis on strenghtening the core muscles
- Restorative Yoga: Stretching and relaxation
- Yin Yoga: A slower practice with longer holds of the postures
- Yogalates: Mix of Yoga and Pilates
- Outdoor Yoga: From June to August
Classes Following Traditional Lineages:
- Ashtanga Yoga: Flow with sequence designed by Pattabhi Jois
- Kundalini Yoga: A system of breathing, chanting and energizing as designed by Yogi Bhajan
- Sivananda Yoga: Hatha yoga as instructed by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Sri Sri Yoga: Gentle Hatha yoga inspired by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Tai Chi and QiGong: Yang Style as designed by Yang Lu-ch'an
- Kids Yoga: Yoga for kids ages 8 to 11
- Teen Yoga: Yoga for teens ages 12-15
- Prenatal Yoga: Yoga safely adapted for pregnancy
- Mom & Baby Yoga: For babies ages 0-12 months
- Seniors Chair Yoga: Yoga adapted for seniors
- Private Classes: For learning or perfecting yoga, breathing or meditation
Breath & Mindfulness
Got your mind in pieces? Get peace of mind!
Handling the mind and its emotions (stress, anxiety, anger, depression, etc.) through the mind is not always so obvious. However, all these emotions have a corresponding breathing pattern. When angry, depressed, nervous, our breathing gets altered in specific ways. What the great masters of yoga have known for thousands of years is that this works both ways, like a two way street. By learning specific breathing techniques (pranayama & kriya), one can eliminate all these unwanted negative emotions and reclaim mastery over their state of mind.
Join us on the internationally acclaimed Art of Happiness program offered at Om West to learn the ins and outs of living with mindfulness as well as to master these breathing techniques including pranayama and the powerfulSudarshan Kriya practice.
We accumulate toxins in our bodies due to environmental pollution, our diet, stress and anxiety and due events from the past that have left impressions in the mind. The Sudarshan Kriya practice as taught on the Art of Happiness program allows you to flush out impurities and toxins both from the body and mind leaving you feeling fresh and renewed. The course is offered by Art of Living Foundation and is taught by Om West owners Antoine and Pamela who have both been completely transformed from practising the techniques taught on this course.
Trying to meditate without proper guidance often results in people closing their eyes, not too sure what to do or expect. Their mind gets bombarded with thoughts and they generally get discouraged after a few minutes.
The Art of Meditation course offered at Om West has the answer to that. This course gives you a proper initiation with a personal mantra that will allow you to reach higher states of awareness in a simple and natural manner. This initiation is done in the great tradition of yoga masters who have kept the science a well guarded secret until very recently.
Come and discover how a meditation practice can enhance the quality of your daily life. The course is offered by Art of Living Foundation and is taught by Om West owner and certified meditation teacher Antoine who has been practising meditation daily for over 20 years.
Chanting & Mantras
Do you want to learn more about the powerful effect of sound and intention while chanting mantras and poojas? Or do you want to discover Kirtan, Satsang and Bhakti Yoga, the heart-opening yoga of devotion?
Click here for additional information
Art of Living at Om West
Om West owners Antoine and Pamela are certified teachers with the Art of Living Foundation. This non-profit volunteer-based, educational organization, established in over 150 countries offers workshops that give participants the tools to improve the quality of their lives.
Join us on these Art of Living courses:
- Art of Happiness: Learn breathing techniques and mindfulness
- Art of Meditation: Learn to meditate
- Art of Silence: Join us on a silence retreat in the forest
- Art Excel: Art of Happiness for kids ages 8-12
Costa Rica Yoga Retreat
Join Antoine and Pamela for a week of yoga, adventures in the rain forest, surf in the ocean, gourmet organic food, outstanding massages, and meet like-minded people on this one-of-a-kind yoga retreat!
2014 Retreat: See Photos Here
2015 Retreat: Join us Apr 11-18
Art of Happiness graduates are welcome to join Antoine and Pamela on silent retreats at the Interntional Art of Living Centre in Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc, QC.
Yoga Teacher Training
Become a Certified Yoga Teacher
Om West is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance at the 200 and 500 hour levels. Om West is recognized by the ministère du Revenue du Québec to issue tax deductible education receipts.
▪ Techniques, Training and Practice
▪ Teaching Methodology
▪ Anatomy and Physiology
▪ Yoga Philosophy & Lifestyle
▪ Teacher Ethics
▪ Ayurveda, Breathing and Meditation
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training
200-hour in Traditional Hatha Yoga & Vinyasa Flow Yoga. Over 14 weekends from Oct-2014 to Apr 2015.
Additional Information and Registration Here